Lately we have been studying all about castles. It is so much fun. Let me tell you what we have learned. Gatehouses (the most vulnerable part of the castle) didn't have just one portcullis. They had a portcullis, a thick door, and a heavy wooden drawbar, another portcullis, and so on. Arrow loops allowed an archer to shoot an arrow in many different directions without exposing himself.
To help us really understand castles as best we could, Mom got us a paper castle that we could cut and glue together. It was really fun.










4 comments:
Hi Kim,
We received your card today and I thought I'd come check you out at your blog! :) Life looks fun in WI!
Pam
www.andthentherewereseven.blogspot.com
Awesome castle! I am putting that kit on my endless amazon wishlist.
Y'all's Christmas card is great! I love the letter! Love ya!
I seriously am going to send my children to your homeschool!
I can[t wait to meet you on Sunday, but don't expect a clean house, we get home Saturday night. An 11 hour drive with 5 children....ugh!
Post a Comment