Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

9/19/2008

Chapter Books!!

Hooray for KLD!

Just today, she started reading her "fairy books" to herself. She's had her nose in a book ever since. I am so proud of her! Everyone else around here is so into reading, she has just been determined to get reading on her own, for real. We didn't practice together this summer as much as I'd wished, but--just like last Christmas--the bit of down-time seemed to be good. She came back with a new zeal for reading (maybe just the frustration of always having to wait for someone to read to her!) and it really seemed like all those letter sounds had been percolating in her brain all summer, because--far from "forgetting" over the summer as they say happens--she's been reading even better since we started back to school.

She has such a strong will and powerful sense of determination. When she wants something, she just does it. Like potty training--after watching the right video, she just said "Yep" and it was done, the next day, just like that. Same thing (minus the video) with getting her training wheels off. She rode that bike just from sheer determination. Those two darn older siblings just motivate her like crazy! She SO never wants to be left behind. I remember once when JPD was small, I referred to the two of them as "the little ones." I never made that mistake again!

So, go KLD go! I love you so much!
Next she's going to try the Magic Tree House books. :)

No comments: