Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

9/02/2008

Happy School Day!

Today was officially our first day of school.
Here's the gang:And JPD had his first-day-of-preschool orientation. He loved it, and will have a blast there I think.





Most of our academic work took place in the afternoon, because we went out for haircuts and new shoes in the morning after JPD's school visit. We are all quite excited about the new shoes, of course!
Back at home, our wonderful piano teacher, Paola, arrived for lessons. While each child took turns having their piano lesson, the other two took turns working with me on language arts.
Then they each did math independently. KLD's regular math book is already missing (aaaaaauuuugh!) so she worked in a Disney Princess math workbook that I picked up at the grocery store. In First Language Lessons, she memorized and illustrated the following sweet poem:
The Caterpillar
by Christina G. Rossetti

Brown and furry
Caterpillar in a hurry;
Take your walk
To the shady leaf, or stalk.

May no toad spy you,
May the little birds pass by you;
Spin and die,
To live again a butterfly.
Here's her illustration:
She also worked with MRD, cutting and pasting pictures of "noun" words into their grammar workbooks. Meanwhile, WWD cranked out a couple of lessons in his math book and completed his first spelling lesson in our new spelling books.

Then we all went outside to play--too hot, so back in for bathtime and a movie! :)
So far, so good...
(but in case you're wondering, I am NOT much more "ready" for school than I was on Friday. Oh well!)

1 comment:

andersons2002 said...

I love this post! Miss you guys! Can't wait to catch up. Hope you are doing good. Love ya!