The thing is, we have awesome curriculum materials. Too many, but that's for another post. If we just start on them, and work on them as best we can, everything will be fine. All the kids will cover lots and lots of good material. Homeschoolers always worry about gaps, but the thing about that is--how can you possibly not have gaps? People learn all different kinds of stuff at different rates.
Today I started working with each of the school-agers on our First Language Lessons and Writing With Ease materials. KLD learned what a noun is--not much, but not bad for the second day of first grade, right? MRD worked on perfect capitalization and punctuation, and WWD practiced paragraph writing.
Everyone did a bit of independent reading and piano practice. And we started our new science curriculum with a unit on temperature and how thermometers work. See us? :) (sorry we're a bit blurry.)
Meanwhile, our schoolroom is still messy. We just worked upstairs today mostly. And guess what I'll be doing over the Labor Day weekend...










1 comment:
You know, my homeschooling did get more realxing (and still just as productive) once I let go of the "scheduled for the whole year" plans. It was just as easy to pick up the books each day and do the next lesson, and we still got through everything jsut fine. It also gave more room for me to do spontaneous planning and changes, and use fun ideas I am always finding hear and there on the internet. I want to check out that writing program you mentioned, along with FLL, I haven't heard of it, but if my twin is using it...
Post a Comment