MPD, in addition to hitting the 6 month mark, now weighs in at 18 pounds, 2 ounces. I thought he was even bigger--but I'm glad we don't have to give up the infant car seat yet. But also, last night we got him to actually eat baby oatmeal willingly! As you can see he was pretty proud of himself, and having a good time.


We achieved this milestone--he did it again at breakfast this morning, by the way--by mixing the oatmeal with breast milk instead of water. He liked it a lot better that way.
As for JPD, BIG news here...yes, we had a big breakthrough in potty training. FINALLY. The big #2 in the potty. Hooray! We were so excited that I gave him a lollipop (I've been promising it for months) and Bill took him out for ice cream--sort of a man-to-man, rite of passage thing, you know. Now he has continued this marvelous new behavior for three days straight. Strains of the Hallelujah chorus can be heard throughout our house, believe me! :) Yesterday and today, instead of a lollipop, he got Skittles. Bribing my child to go potty? You bet. Now I just say "Honey, would you like some Skittles now, or later?" when asking him if he needs a bathroom break. :)

And finally, my firstborn heir, WWD. Tomorrow he will be turning 10. 10! The double digits! As in, a decade ago I was about to go into labor for the first time! This is huge. And I am just so, so proud of him. He has really grown up so much, especially in the last year or so (all due to homeschooling, no doubt!). This week I got an email from his football coach, reiterating what a "joy" WWD is to coach. It wasn't so long ago that I was sobbing all the way home from his Montessori preschool teacher conference because I thought he was headed for certain juvenile delinquency! And now, he's a "marvel," as a lady in church told me recently (he loves Mass). So now the big question is: What round will he go in the NFL draft?!










3 comments:
Such a great post! I loved reading about the boys! You should write a book, you are great with words. Yay for JPD! I know you are more than thrilled! I don't know how you do it, does Bill know you are a saint??? Sorry we couldn't finish catching up the other night. Maybe again soon. Another round of phone tag??? Hee.hee
Kim-
I love your posts! I hope we can get out there to see you guys again soon!
Hooray for all of them! But as a mom who has spent the past two years working on potty training, I have to say a special WOOHOO for the big potty achievement! ;)
Skittles are a favorite reward around here too...
Post a Comment