* By "holiday" I mean Thanksgiving and Christmas, not a non-specific wintertime festival.
Welcome Back...
to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.
Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!
Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!
11/20/2008
Bake Sale Bliss
Yesterday our homeschool group had a nice little pre-holiday* gift fair, and in order to satisfy our family's ever-eager penchant for creating and consuming baked goods, we suggested a bake sale table. It was great! We had so much fun baking all day Sunday, and I was so proud of my busy little entrepreneurs yesterday at the sale. In the end we earned $101 for the Thanksgiving Community Meal Program here in town, and all those recipes and all that change-making were great little real-life math lessons, too.

When I asked MRD about her favorite part of running the bake sale, I expected her to say baking--perhaps sneaking chocolate kisses from the cookies, licking the beaters, or test-eating cookies--or selling all those goodies, or even making the poster, which was quite a work of art. Nope, none of the above--it was counting up all the money at the end! My little capitalist! :)




* By "holiday" I mean Thanksgiving and Christmas, not a non-specific wintertime festival.
* By "holiday" I mean Thanksgiving and Christmas, not a non-specific wintertime festival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment