Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

1/31/2009

The Face of Evil

Today we all attended our first-ever real-live rally.

The directors of a surgical clinic that is affiliated with a couple of the major hospitals in the city near our home is considering whether to offer second-trimester abortions. They'll be voting on it this week, so our 40-days-for-Life group organized a rally today.

"Everyone's going," I told Bill. "All the cool people will be there." Never mind that he actually thought I was serious about wanting to go just to see my friends at first!! But anyway, a BIG thanks to my wonderful husband for taking us all downtown, so we all went--apparently the hospital's decision really can be swayed by public opinion on this one, and a big turnout was critical. God even blessed the event with really good weather too!

It was very nice and upbeat; there was a big turnout--about 3000 people, they say, although I'm a terrible judge of numbers and I was just trying to keep my whole gang together. Almost all the signs and banners I saw were positive--they specifically asked that no one bring grisly photos because they were encouraging families to attend--and there were bunches of pink and blue balloons.

We didn't see any counter-demonstrators at the rally (I find it hard to imagine anyone actually protesting FOR abortion, but there were a few), but afterwards, we drove by the actual clinic and there they were. It was a small group of rather pathetic looking weirdos (okay, okay--sorry about that) I mean, students, I guess, with a few signs about how abortion is a civil right (huh?) and stuff.

The most amazing thing, though, I heard about after the fact from a priest friend who attended: The pro-abortion people were chanting, not something related to abortion, but the following thing:

"Pray, you'll need it;
Your cross will be defeated."
Can there be any clearer evidence that the Evil One is behind the lie of abortion?

No comments: