Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

2/23/2009

Just Thinkin'

Lately JPD has developed a frequent custom of pacing along the border of the rectangular oriental rug in our foyer.  He does this for long periods at a time, quietly, looking at his feet.

"JPD," asks his mom, "what are you doing there?"

"I'm having a Think," says JPD.

"Oh, a Think," says Mom.  "What about?"

"About Superman flying around the world and if he could turn into the Magic School Bus."  Or something like that. 

It's similar, but different, each time; he's imagining some                 story full of action, drama, and, usually, science.  DSC04526

Oh, to be four years old again!  JPD is so full of curiosity and imagination! 

"Can I have a kiss?" says Mom.

"Sure," says JPD, and plants one on me.  "Now, Mom, I have to finish my Think."

No comments: