Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

6/02/2009

"Mommy, my whole life is going to change!"

That was JPD's comment when we started remodeling the kitchen, prompted by the first test swatches of paint on the walls, and the new oven. He said that a lot when the first few things started changing, and we cracked up, of course.

But talk about "out of the mouths of babes!" That JPD is wise way beyond his years, because the kitchen remodel has changed things around here more than I imagined. We didn't even change things all that much--the cabinets and the location of everything are still the same. We got new appliances, new countertops, a new sink and faucet, and a new floor. Bill planned and organized everything himself, and did an impressive chunk of the work himself too--all in well under a month.

It's hard to put my finger on it--the whole house just has a different "feel" now. And I kinda feel like a whole different person in my new kitchen. I LOVE it, obviously. And of course, the kitchen is where I spend, like, 90% of my waking hours. Having it be pretty instead of kinda yucky makes a gigantic difference in how I feel about the work I'm doing there, and how my day goes. Hmmmm...interesting, no?

Anyway, without further ado, here are the before and after pictures.

BEFORE:




AFTER!:




4 comments:

Pam said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

andersons2002 said...

I love it!!! I know all the hard work on everyone's part! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Whoa! Have fun in that gorgeous kitchen, girlfriend! :)

Rebecca said...

It looks great! I spend most of my at-home time in the kitchen too, and it does make a difference when it looks nice; I know what you mean. I love your corner sink by the big windows.

Thanks for the book swap site, btw! I just signed up and ordered two books already! And that reminds me that you mentioned Catholic Mosaic - I was looking into that and it looks so fun. Do you have to buy all the books separately?