Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

6/02/2009

Zoo Pals

Last week my two little boys and I went to our wonderful zoo. I am having so much fun with the two of them!

Riding the train

MPD loved the carousel--until it started moving!

Rock climbing

Exploring the dinosaur bones

MPD, are you sure you want to go in there with that big snake?

Watching the turtles--and trying to catch them


You know, when WWD was tiny and I was expecting MRD, I was really just so sure that she was going to be a boy. Having the two of them so close together, I just had the whole "boy" thing in my head, and I couldn't imagine anything different. Plus I thought it would be so cool to have two little boys in a row, doing boy stuff, growing up together. What a perfect example of God's plan being so much better than our own!! MRD was a girly girl from the beginning, and she is PERFECT. The two of them are thick as thieves--almost like twins--and what's more, I'm sure that it would have been hard for WWD's firstborn ego to have a brother coming up right behind him, competing in everything!! Being the oldest is hard enough, right? :)

Anyway, now, a decade later, I have my two little-boys-in-a-row. I think all the time about how they will be the two teenage boys at home when the others have gone off to college (along with their baby sister, according to JPD). Oh my goodness--I can't imagine those teenage days yet! I'm so not ready! (Or for the baby sister, but that's a whole other thing--ha ha!)

5 comments:

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said...

Oh what fun! Wish we lived closer and could join you on your fun adventures!

Kim said...

SAHMinIL--see you at the zoo!! We moved here from IL 5 years ago and sometimes road trip back to visit Chicago. I miss the beautiful Chicago Botanical Garden the most!

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

LOL :) Do they have even broken ground on the Poplar Bear exhibit yet? We haven't been up there yet this year, but plan on soon! We were going to go on week mid-may, but it was rainy that weekend here and there! :)

Jamie said...

I hope to have 2 boys in a row also. Although every time Liam does something naughty, and then gives us that look, Adam is quick to remind me: "You wanted naughty boys"

Of course when I said that, I meant naughty as in cute, funny, full-of-life boys like WWD and JPD...who Liam reminds me of...

And so I say, bring it on!

I also wish we could go to the zoo with you guys!

xoxo