
I am so proud of my pianists! Their recital was a couple of weekends ago, and they all worked so hard on their pieces. I am so impressed at the music I'm hearing around our house these days, too...it is hard to believe that WWD and MRD have now been taking piano for almost 4 years, and KLD almost 3--she hardly even knew her letters when she first started!
(In this picture MRD really wanted to SHOW you her piece--can you tell what a hard one it is?!?)
During these years there have been times when I have wondered if we should let them branch out and try a different instrument, or even quit when they encountered a rough patch. No, and no. I think of music as a language that is too important for them not to learn. Also, I love that they're getting to experience the process of working hard to master something that really takes time, effort, and practice. Letting them quit seems almost like letting them quit brushing their teeth, as in "You'll thank me for this someday, I promise!" :) Not that any of them really wants to quit, especially after recital time when they are so proud of their accomplishments.
Did I mention that I'm so proud of you guys?!










1 comment:
Oh how I miss those days of piano lessons. The sweet sound of the piano practicing~ makes a house feel oh so homey!
Post a Comment