Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

6/11/2009

Small Success Thursday

small_successes_badge

If there were ever going to be a week when my successes were quite SMALL, this one has been it. 

So, without further ado, here are my miniscule successes for the week...

 

1)  I got up!!  No, really.  Last Wednesday I hurt my back.  Really, really, badly.  No, I don't know how.  I was planting some impatiens in the back yard and then I couldn't stand up.  (A split second later, JPD's attempt at a flip from the swingset trapeze bar culminated in a wood-chip face-plant, but that's a story for a different post.) 

It was actually a recurrence of sacroilitis, which I originally had during my pregnancy with JPD (and neither of the 2 subsequent pregnancies), but I don't remember anything ever hurting as bad as this.  In fact, I actually passed out cold just trying to crawl out of bed on Thursday morning!  So, after a few days of near paralysis, and another couple of days of major detox from the prescription painkillers that I took to get my back better, I got up. 

Everything after that was all uphill, right? :)

2)  I made it through an excruciatingly--and totally needlessly--LONG trip to Target today with all 5 kids, while maintaining absolute patience and a sense of humor the entire time.  No kidding.  Wait a second...maybe those pain meds are still doing their thing after all...

3)  I registered everyone for every last extracurricular activity for the rest of summer and next fall.  (At least I think I've got them all.)  Yes, I know, that's not really such a very small success. But it didn't really require me to move much at all.

Check out everyone else's small successes from the week over at Faith & Family Live! 

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

WOW!! What a week, and FEEL better!!!! WOW!!

Glad you are UP. Many prayers for you!!!

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Jamie said...

Eeek!
Hope you feel better, and you might be a teeny bit of a masochist for going to Target with everyone and a bad back! Wish I was there to help. Have a great weekend!
-Jamie