Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

8/28/2008

I Need Some Tech Support!

I could not be more excited about my new birthday present.
Here it is:


I can't wait to use it!
Problem is, it's HUGE.

The Dell guy convinced me that, since I'm not going to be carrying it to class or taking it on a plane regularly (thank goodness!), I should get the 17 inch instead of the 15 inch. That what I really need is a desktop replacement, more than a small, light notebook. Well, yeah. It's mostly for homeschooling and managing pictures, emailing and, naturally, blogging. And I'll be using it at home 80% of the time.

But I certainly want to take it out in the yard while the kids are playing, or in the car, or to the library, or to the park, or to Starbucks(I can dream, right?), etc. And it's--HUGE. It weighs 15 pounds.

On the other hand, if I send it back and get the 15 inch instead, it will only weigh one pound less. And this huge one does fit into my PC bag or into my homeschool book bag. The big one will be good for watching movies or surfing for school stuff with the kids. Having a big screen is really nice. (For a desktop...) And I got a really good deal on this one (especially good since it was a gift, but you know what I mean.). If I exchange it for the smaller one and then regret it, I will really feel stupid. I want to keep this PC for as long as I can.

So...what do you think? Should I keep the HUGE one, or trade it in for the smaller one?

2 comments:

Andrea Gray said...

Happy Birthday! What a great present, it is my dream to own a laptop! Although it would probably give me all kinds of slothful habits like laying in bed and reading blogs LOL. I would keep the big screen, it is so much nicer visually.

Saltinajo said...

I would say - keep it. If it's good for watching videos and the other one you want is only smaller by a pound, it seems like it's not going to be a deal breaker.

I have a Macbook Air and it's soooooo tiny and soooo thin and I love it. But I'm a Mac girl in my heart.