Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

8/20/2008

Two Amazing Things

...happened to me today.

First, this morning I dropped one of my FAVORITE earrings into the sink drain while getting dressed. Almost caught it--couldn't get it. So upset. I called Bill, who informed me that he is not a plumber. And our plumber lives far away from us--like 45 minutes or so. We decided that since there would be a trip charge just for having the plumber come over, we should go ahead and get all those new faucets we've been planning. (Already this is sounding better, right?) I wasn't too sure I could live without my earring long enough to buy the faucets, but I really didn't have much choice.

Then I called the plumber to make an appointment in a few days for new-faucet installation and earring retrieval. I asked him if he thought my earring was okay down there in the muck. Well, he said he happened to be close by this morning and could come get it out for 20 bucks. Hooray, hooray, my earring's back! And now it is! I'm not sure if we'll still get the faucets right now--I'd rather not, actually, because it's just a bit too likely that Bill might decide that the faucets can be my birthday present. Ahem.

The second thing is even more amazing than the plumber's miraculous proximity. Last Thursday Bill lost my mastercard at Sam's Club. Okay, not really--but we don't know where it is. It's probably somewhere in the house (remember, we're dealing with a messy situation here), lost in the handoff from Bill back to me. Whatever--it's MIA, and enough time has gone by now that I really had to call our financial institution just to check that the Sam's charge was, in fact, the last one.

It was. But even better, they just changed the terms of my account to give me more travel insurance or something. And they had mailed me a new, different card which should arrive tomorrow, to replace the older one (that just happens to be, of course, lost).

Now what are the odds of that? Two lucky things in one day. Do you think I should rush out and buy a lottery ticket?

4 comments:

andersons2002 said...

YOu should go to Vegas and get your new faucets! Love ya!

andersons2002 said...

YOu should go to Vegas and get your new faucets! Love ya!

dwsles said...

Go buy that ticket!

TheFiveDays said...

What a great day! Glad you got the earring back... :)