The thing is, I am all nuts about the election, or, at least, all nuts about the human rights violations being committed against the tiniest Americans. Which isn't exactly the same thing as the election--although, of course, they're connected.
Yesterday the kids and I had a holy hour of Eucharistic Adoration together, in honor of Respect Life month. It was great. Towards the end of the hour, I realized that my prayers had been mainly about the election, and that I was even a bit fuzzy as to whether the Adoration (which was part of a specially scheduled 12-hour Adoration at a parish near our home) was actually for the election. But it wasn't, of course; it was about Respect Life Month.
Regardless of the election outcome, no matter how scary or horrible things get in this country at any given time, God is in charge. He has a plan for our country and for us. But, I would imagine, He's much more interested in each of us (who HE made) than in any country or organization (which we made up). Political parties and governments are not eternal; we are. And what matters is what we do and say and believe in the midst of the point in time that we're alive, no matter what circumstances surround us. So, as for me and my blog, we'll be back to business as usual. No matter what circumstances surround us.
"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
~ I Thessalonians 5: 16-18
"Only let your conversation be worthy of the Gospel of Christ."
- Philippians 1:27










1 comment:
I keep reminding myself to breathe, and that there is no such thing as inevitable. Things can always change.
Post a Comment