Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

4/21/2009

Oatmeal Ovation


I must share this exciting new breakfast thing we're doing. (My extreme excitement about this is total proof, of course, that I have no life.)

It's a two-part deal:
First, overnight oatmeal in the crock pot. What could be better than waking up to the great smell of ready-to-eat delicious homemade oatmeal for the family? I know...not waking up, because they can serve themselves! (We're not quite there yet, but we'll get there someday...)

Next, with the leftovers, JPD and I made oatmeal muffins! While there are some individuals in our family who foolishly choose not to love oatmeal, these muffins are a crowd-pleaser all around. I even made and froze some of these last fall to take on our camping trip. Yum!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Kim! Just got done printing out the oatmeal recipe. I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the comment on my blog about taking the kids to adoration. I need the encouragement! In theory, it's easy to see I should be taking them, but it practice, it's so much more difficult, as you know.
Anyway, God bless, and I'll be reading your blog for homeschool tidbits!

Elizabeth in Wisconsin said...

I am printing both recipes as I type. Got to give this a try!