Welcome Back...

to my little blog--our online photo album, schoolwork portfolio, and journal of my deepest wisdom and innermost secret thoughts. Or something like that.

Drop by any time to see what's going on around here!

4/30/2009

Small Success Thursday


It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. Join the fun over at Faith and Family live!

This week I...

1) Mailed about half a dozen packages I've been meaning to send. My dining room looks so...lonely, somehow, without that extra clutter. Don't worry--the other clutter is quickly expanding to fill the space...

2) Selected and potted annuals for my front porch pots. Risky, since it's still just April, but last year I came up with the brilliant idea to use plastic liner pots inside the ceramic planters, so I can bring them inside if it's going to get cold at night. I amaze myself sometimes with these oh-so-innovative solutions. :)

3) I paid our family bills for the month, which I LOATHE DOING BEYOND BELIEF. Seriously, I would rather walk on nails. Note to self: must offer this up in a BIG way!! Anyone got any good tips (other than paying bills electronically--I know, I know) on how to streamline this tortuous task?

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

What a great list! I need to use your planter idea!

I don't have much advice, but would love to hear other ideas! I do online/electronic. I'd love an ever better way lol!!

Another blog had a ling to www.mint.com - maybe that has some ideas? Take care!

Amanda said...

Great job! I'm, afraid I don't have any other suggestions beside the "online/electronic" one. That's what I do for most.

Anonymous said...

Wish I had tips to offer, but I give you a high five for getting down to those bills!